Welcome to Our Family's Blog

Welcome to Our Family's Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Newlywed Details & Bang Bang Shrimp


Well reality has set in that our big day is now over and we just love our new married life. I enjoy so much spending time with my husband. We just had our party with family and friends to celebrate our marriage. We had it at the Mitchell’s house off of Meridian. Their house is just beautiful and I hope to one day be lucky enough to have a house that amazing. We had the party in their credenza that overlooked an amazing lake and there lagoon style pool. Everything just came together so smoothly. The Mitchell’s were also nice enough to get Josh and I our wedding cakes! Yes Cakes! They were these adorable bride and groom bears. Josh made a point to rub the frosting in my face when we cut the cakes but that is probably because I did it to him first. LOL! I also have to say that I have the best family in the whole world. All my aunts, uncles and my cousin Caroline and her husband Mike worked really hard to help me and my mom set up the tables and all the decorations. The party was so magical and I will never forget it!

After the party my next big task was to get my name changed and believe me it is easier said then done. I specifically renewed my drivers license in December because I knew that they would be requiring all this extra documentation, but that did not prevent me from having to deal with the DMV’s new crazy policy. I had to provide a birth certificate, social security card, copy of my utility bill, copy of my mortgage statement and my marriage license. I also sat in the social security office for almost two hours to get the print out I needed to prove my new last name. After I took care of my license and social security card it was time to head to the bank and change my name on everything there. This was actually more of a pain than the DMV or social security office but I did get it done!

Now that things have sort of calmed down Josh and I decided we would like to try some new things. We have discussed many times joining the Junior League of Tallahassee. We think it would be a great way to network, meet new people and maybe make some great friends. We also plan on going church shopping soon. LOL! Since Josh is Baptist and I am Presbyterian we are going to have to compromise on a denomination. I have a feeling that he might agree with me on a Presbyterian church though. I love my husband.

I have started a recipe vault and have found lots of yummy recipes I can’t wait to try. One of the first recipes I want to make is Bang Bang shrimp from Bonefish Grill. It looks surprisingly easy!
Here is a picture of this yummy concoction:

Here is the yummy recipe listed below:

Bang Bang Shrimp
Ingredients:
½ cup mayo
¼ cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
5 drops Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
1 tbsp softened peanut butter
1 lb medium shrimp, shelled & deveined
Dry Cornstarch
One bunch of chopped scallions
Oil for frying (peanut oil is suggested)

Instructions:
Mix mayo with the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce {depending on taste more mayo can be added} -Add the amount of hot sauce desired. -Add peanut butter and stir until well combined. Set aside the sauce.
-Chop the scallions
-Heat about 2 inches of oil in a large pot until heated to 375 degrees.
-Dredge shrimp in cornstarch. I made it easier on myself & put the {rinsed & dried} shrimp in a large plastic bag {paper bag would work as well}. You can then shake until the shrimp are coated with corn starch.
Fry the shrimp in the heated oil until lightly browned {about 3-4 minutes}.The trick to frying shrimp is not to overcrowd them, so I did several small batches.
 -Let the oil temperature rise back to 350 before frying the next batch.
-Drain the fried shrimp on a paper towel
Toss the shrimp with the prepared sauce right before serving
Top with the scallions

To sum things up I am really happy and content with my life. I have a great husband and amazing family that I would not trade for anything in the world. I am so lucky that God has blessed me! Life is really great!


Up Next........Honeymoonin

1 comment: